2GETHER 4EVER!!!

2GETHER 4EVER!!!

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

LOLLIPOPS!!






I woke up before everyone this morning as most mornings but today it was on purpose. I got up, had my coffee, read a little, and just took some deep breaths. Today was the day Gates had been waiting for all his life---the first day of school!!! The day that three years ago I didn't imagine would come for a really long time and now it's here. I got Gunnar up first so we could have a few minutes of quite before the storm. She's a lot like me--NOT a morning person. I got her ready then we came down and had a little breakfast. I made Gates his hot tea and woke him up. He is sooo much more like Todd--a morning person. He was really happy and he jumped out of bed like his behind was on fire. "Is it time to go yet"---with a little lisp that he is obtained over the past few weeks. Smile. "Not yet buddy, let's get you ready". He was like tigger --bouncing here and there. It was time to take Gunnar to the bus and he put his backpack on because he thought he was riding that big yellow bus too---I told him he was riding the blue mommy bus--not so much fun but he was ok with it as long as it got him to school. Gunnar was off and it was quickly back home to make sure we had everything. I packed a bag for the gym as Gates ate his hotdog--yes, a hotdog for breakfast--at least it's something. We took a few pics, then off we went--Todd following closely behind us. We followed Gates as he ran to get inside. He remembered exactly where to go--he ran right in and didn't look back:( My heart was a little sad I must admit. I mean I'm really happy that he was so excited, but what about me, or us or goodbye or anything. Not a word. Other parents pushed by me and Todd as we just looked at each other wondering should we go in and say goodbye or do we just go?? Todd was adamant that he was going in that room to say goodbye and give him a kiss, but I convinced him otherwise. It was probably better not to rock the boat. Let's just say a quick BYE from the door. We did and we got a little wave---see ya mommy, see ya dad. Then we were on our way. Todd to work and me to the gym kidless--which is so unusual. I felt like I had forgotten something.
At noon I picked him up. Actually I got there about 15 minutes early just so I could watch him play:) He was so darn cute, walking around that classroom like he owned the place. When the door opened he saw me and ran as fast as he could---he had soooooo much to tell me. His favorite part of the day was painting with a big shirt on!! He made a duck with real feathers. He played outside. His teachers name is "teacher", he pottied twice. He saw Elijah outside. UMMM what else-it goes on and on. I don't think he stopped talking for about 10 minutes. I think it is safe to say he liked it. His class is called the LOLLIPOPS!!! How appropriate-that's Gates FAVORITE candy!!!!!

Last night when I was laying in bed I started thinking. Gunnar was just a little older than Gates when we moved here four years ago. Soon after that we had Gates. Now she's in second grade and he's starting preschool. I often think to myself if I could turn back time would I?

No comments: