2GETHER 4EVER!!!

2GETHER 4EVER!!!

Monday, March 22, 2010

Georgia On My Mind

Last weekend the kids and I ventured out on yet another road trip. We went to Athens Georgia, to visit some friends and cheer on the Wolfpack. Our trip started off great, we were making great time, until...... I saw the blue lights. You know the words that wanted to come out of my mouth, but I kept my composure. I was going 80 in a 70 along with three other cars, myself in the middle of the pack..... and yes, I got a whopping $160 ticket!!!!! YIKES. I text Todd as it happened and immediately my phone starts to ring, really Todd... do you think I can answer the phone at a time like this?????? He handled it very well. I think he could tell how frazzled I was and I needed no lip;) After that I went a little easier on the peddle and made it to Julie and Jays house in about 6 hours. Julie and I enjoyed watching the kids play outside in the drizzle, they didn't even seem to notice it was chilly and damp. We fed the kids, got them settled in and tore into some JoJo's, Julies infamous drink of choice. Yes, she has me hooked and my friends here in Cary are dying to try them, hmmmmm I'm still trying to decide if I should share them.... I am an only child remember, I never had to share ANYTHING....right TODD!!! We had a great weekend, Georgia won the meet, we were close behind until beam got the best of us, but hey they gave it their best for that day. After the meet it was off to grab some grub... Julie and I got our drinks put on the menu of Gnats Landing..... the JOJO and the Super Staralicious.... The owner truly did email Julie days later to tell her we were now FAMOUS, well in Athens anyway.... so if you are ever there, run in Gnats Landing and have a drink on me!!! No pictures from the weekend, really bummed about that and I even had my camera with me the whole time. I had many wonderful photo opps that I'm really sorry I missed out on... Gates sleeping and drooling down the chair at the arena, the kids playing in the gym, my adventure to the ghetto trying to find the gym and many many more.... Thanks Jay and Julie for a laughter filled weekend....

1 comment:

focused sports solutions said...

duWHAT A FUN TIME....WELL NEW JOJO RECIPES FOR NEXT TIME AND DEFINATELY PICTURES. DON'T FORGET GATES TRYING TO WEAR KINSEY'S JACKET BC HIS WAS IN THE CAR AND HE WAS NOT HAVING THAT..."WHY KINSEY'S JACKET - NO I HAVE ONE"---HE DID NOT GET THE FACT WE DID NOT FEEL LIKE GOING TO THE CAR. THEN GUNNARS PAPER DOLLS, THE KIDS PAPER ENVELOPES, AND LETTERS MAILED OVER THE BALCONY. I HAD SO MUCH FUN AND MISS YOU GUYS ALREADY. COLE AND KINSEY ARE STILL MOURNING!! WELL WATCH OUT SUMMER GODDESS BEACH BABES ARE COMING WITH JOJOS AND STARLICIOUS!