2GETHER 4EVER!!!
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Thursday August 7th
Hello to all! I just wanted to share a quick little conversation I had this morning as I walked in from work. So I worked last night, and managed to find my way home again this morning through my sleepy eyes. I got home around 8am. I always try to come in with a smile no matter how tired or grumpy I may be feeling because I know the minute I walk through the door I impact how three other peoples day is going to go. Todd, well I don't always manage the same sweet ways with him--usually just an---argh or growl, but he understands and will send me on my way to bed so he can get the morning duties done---(getting Gunnar ready for school), which can be a really difficult feat somedays. I love the days of track out when I can just sneak in and not speak to anyone(I'm not a morning person---even if I've already been up all night). During the school days Gunnar really likes it when I come in and help get her on her way--dad doesn't know how to fix her hair, or he doesn't make lunch right or she just can't decide what fancy outfit to wear (poor Todd--he gets very little credit most days. I mean who can't throw a peanutbutter sandwich together?) So today was one of those days.. I came in and Gunnar was crying, trying to fight the tears as she ate her bowl of Lucky Charms. I was quickly greeted by Gates throwing his arms around me, "yeah mommys home" "I did it alllllll myself mom -- I peed on the potty" "daddy made me my hot tea" all this was said in a matter of two to five seconds--so it was a little jumbled and hard to understand but I scooped him up and gave him a big smooch. Then I made my way over to the couch where my tearful one was -- Todd started grumbling about the morning and I just ignored it and gave Gunnar a huge kiss and hug and pretended not to notice that she was crying. "So what can I make my girl for lunch today?" I said. She really started to cry---"Gunnar are you Ok?" she says "mom did you get to eat last night" (I had made my lunch before work but accidentally in my rush to get out of the house forgot to grab it) "yes, honey I ate" she says "but you forgot your lunch and I was soooo worried about you". So long story short that's where all the tears were coming from. She was so worried that I didn't get to eat and was at work hungry that she cried last night after my goodnight call and first thing this morning. A little smile came across her face as she said "did you have to eat alone since you had to go to the cafeteria" I quickly said no and she said well "who did you sit with" I told her I sat with my friend Helen and she got a really big smile on her face and she said "mom she must really be a good friend, because I bet she was really hungry but because you forgot your lunch she had to wait on you to get some!" After that the tears disappeared and her whole demeanor changed. Moms are supposed to do the worrying not vise versa. Lesson learned--no matter how young or old you are you always worry about your loved ones!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment